Sunday, August 10, 2008

Radiodead Outshines and All Points West (Day Two)

The crowd was twice as thick and the sun was twice as strong at the second day of All Points West. I stole a friends bracelet so I actually scored more beer and that was nice, but the lines were out of hand and I heard more complaints about the five beer limit than I did about the bands.

Regardless, some notes.

Nicole Atkins: Although I only caught the last few songs her Patti Smith cover was rocking.

The Felice Brothers: They became the second act to completely win me over. Originally I had no desire to see them.

Animal Collective: I now officially do not get these guys.

Kings of Leon
: Good enough, but probably will still keep my distance from their recordings.

The Roots: Always solid though I didn't see much of this act.

Radiohead: Stronger set list that included, "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Exit Music" which I haven't heard live in years. It also included "Planet Telex" which I had never heard live before. One exclusion was Paranoid Android but ending on "Idioteque" was a better move than the prior days "Everything in its Right Place".

All in all a good festival, that needs to come to terms that people want and need more than five beers and a better lineup for $90 per day. Without Radiohead that crowd is much smaller.

Set List:
01. Reckoner
02. 15 Step
03. The National Anthem
04. Kid A
05. All I Need
06. Nude
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. Where I End And You Begin
09. The Gloaming
10. Faust Arp
11. No Surprises
12. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
13. The Bends
14. Bangers and Mash
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Exit Music (For A Film)
17. Bodysnatchers


18. Pyramid Song
19. Videotape
20. Airbag
21. Fake Plastic Trees
22. There There


23. House of Cards
24. Planet Telex
25. Idioteque

No comments: