Wednesday, October 3, 2007

With Radiohead back, I'm back


So I haven't posted anything in some time. I needed a knock on the head to get me back to this blog. I suppose I got it on Monday morning when I woke up with the Radiohead news in my inbox. Everyone knows by now, but their new album which is called In Rainbows is available for download beginning on Wednesday. And get this...you can pay whatever you want!

Everyone, seems to think this is genius. And yea I suppose it is a great idea, but my problem is with the second format the "discbox"




THIS CONSISTS OF THE NEW ALBUM, IN RAINBOWS, ON CD
AND ON 2 X 12 INCH HEAVYWEIGHT VINYL RECORDS.
A SECOND, ENHANCED CD CONTAINS MORE NEW SONGS, ALONG WITH DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS AND ARTWORK.
THE DISCBOX ALSO INCLUDES ARTWORK AND LYRIC BOOKLETS.
ALL ARE ENCASED IN A HARDBACK BOOK AND SLIPCASE.





This "discbox" is the only way to get a physical copy of the album this year, but it costs $80.

Yes, Radiohead is my favorite artist of all time, but I hate these collector's item releases, but there is new music that isn't available on the download, but the new music will be on the regular release of the CD in '08, but '08 is so far away. Ya know?

Sooooo, what should I do? Shell out the $80 for 8 new songs or just deal with download? I mean it's radiohead and all, but........

No comments: